The extension PageAssignments allows users with assignment rights to assign other users to a page.
What are page assignments?
Page assignments are a quick way of giving one or more users informal responsibility and ownership of a page. They are very similar to a watchlist. A user can add a page to their watchlist themselves, but users also create page assignments for each other.
Page assignments do not change the behavior of the page or grant special rights on a page. For example, the page does not get locked for editing when it is assigned to another user. It is rather a simple mechanism to have users "take a look" at a page. If the feature Read confirmation is activated for a namespace, assigned users have to confirm with a checkbox on the page that they have read the page.
- Assigned users receive notifications when their page assignment is changed. (This can be deactivated in the user preferences.)
- Assigned users are listed under the assignments for the page in the Quality management menu of the page.
- The page is listed on the Assignment management page, which is accessed from Global actions > Management (
- The page is listed on the Assignments manager page of the assigned user, which is easy to access from the user profile menu.
- Namespace-specific: if a namespace has Read confirmation activated, the page shows a read confirmation in the alert area of the page.
Assigning a page
Ro assign pages to other users, you need the appropriate rights. These are assigned via the roles reviewer and maintenanceadmin. Although users with read permissions can be assigned to a page, they cannot make changes to the page.
To assign a user or a group to a page:
- Click on Page assignments in the Quality management toolbar.
- Type a user or group name in the assignments text box. You will get automatic suggestions based on your entry.
- Click the Add button.
- Add more users or groups (optional).
Users with assignment rights can see a list of all pages that have assignments. This page (Special:ManagePageAssignments) can be loaded from the navigation menu under Global actions >Management > Assignment management
Every user can view the pages they are assigned to by clicking on "Assignments" in their personal menu (by clicking on their image in the upper right corner).