The extension ReadConfirmation allows to request read confirmations from users. If a user is assigned to a page, a mandatory read confirmation can be added to the page.
Enabling read confirmations[edit | edit source]
An administrator must enable read confirmations in the namespace manager:
Confirmation requests[edit | edit source]
When read confirmations are active in a namespace, assigned users see a confirmation prompt when the page content has changed. After checking the checkbox Yes, I have completely read this article and then Confirm, the page version will be marked as read by that user.
Administration of read confirmations[edit | edit source]
Wiki admins can see an overview of all read confirmations by navigating to Global actions > Management > Assignments. Read confirmation information is shown in the column Read?. A page can have multiple states:
- Read confirmation not enabled: BlueSpiceReadConfirmation is not enabled for the namespace to which the page belongs.
- Not read: BlueSpiceReadConfirmation is enabled, but the assigned users have not yet read the page.
- Actions: In the columns for actions, there are two items related to read confirmations.
- Read confirmation log: Link to the read confirmation log for the page.
- Request read confirmation: Users get a reminder for their read confirmation.
Read confirmations and page approvals[edit | edit source]
If the approval feature is activated in a namespace at the same time, the read confirmation is triggered when a new draft is created. This can be changed via server configuration so that the read confirmation is required after the draft page has been approved.