The category manager makes it easier to create and manage a hierarchical category system in the wiki.
Where can I find the category manager?[edit | edit source]
The menu item Global actions > Management > Categories loads the page Special:Category manager.
Create a category[edit | edit source]
To create a category:
- Select the category under which you want to create the new category. If you don't want to create a subcategory, start with the next step.
- Click the "plus" button.
- Enter the desired category name.
- Click Okay.
Actions[edit | edit source]
The following actions are available for a category:
(1) Delete category: The category page is deleted. The category is also deleted from all pages that contain this category. This creates a new version of the affected pages.
(2) View category page: The category page opnes in a new browser tab. If this category is a "wanted category" (i.e., a category that is already used on a page but has not yet been created in the wiki), the page can then be created.
(3) Rename category: The category is also renamed on all pages that contain this category. This creates a new version of the affected pages.
Create a subcategory[edit | edit source]
The subcategory structure can be changed by dragging and dropping categories in the list with the mouse directly on top of another category (rather than between two categories). To move a subcategory outside the parent, wait for a dotted line to appear.