The category manager makes it easier to create and manage a hierarchical category system in the wiki.
Where can I find the category manager?
The menu item Global actions > Management > Categories loads the page Special:Category manager.
Create a category
To create a category:
- Select the category under which you want to create the new category. If you don't want to create a subcategory, start with the next step.
- Click the "plus" button.
- Enter the desired category name.
- Click Okay.
The following actions are available for a category:
(1) Delete category: The category page is deleted. The category is also deleted from all pages that contain this category. This creates a new version of the affected pages.
(2) View category page: The category page opnes in a new browser tab. If this category is a "wanted category" (i.e., a category that is already used on a page but has not yet been created in the wiki), the page can then be created.
(3) Rename category: The category is also renamed on all pages that contain this category. This creates a new version of the affected pages.
Create a subcategory
The subcategory structure can be changed by dragging and dropping categories in the list with the mouse directly on top of another category (rather than between two categories). To move a subcategory outside the parent, wait for a dotted line to appear.