|October 19, 2023
|July 20, 2023
|July 20, 2023
|June 29, 2023
Release date: 06/29/2023
BlueSpice 4.3 is a minor release
The code base was updgraded to MW 1.39.
- supports PHP 8.2
- LDAP, Simple SAMLphp, OpenIDConnect : Upgraded to be compatible with PluggableAuth 6/7
|We are introducing Content droplets as a convenient way to insert special content in a wiki page. This includes tags, parser functions, and templates. The feature replaces the "Magic words" menu item of the Visual Editor.
|Enhanced Menu Editor
The main navigation can now contain hierarchical links. In addition, 4 configurations of the sidebar are possible.
|It is now possible to embed a PDF viewer in wiki pages. It is contained in the Content Droplets menu for easy access.
|To support the creation of portal pages for the main page and for all other content namespaces, we now provide two startpage templates.
To further support users with the design of portal pages, the renowned icon library Font Awesome is now bundled with BlueSpice.
|You can now mark sections of a page for filtering and display a filter just for the content located within these sections of the page.
- VisualEditor: the copy and paste functionality out of other applications (e.g., MS Word) has been significantly improved.
- Tagging of page templates: Page templates can be categorized with tags in the Page template manager. The tags work as a filter when selecting page templates.
Added extensions (8)
|Allows to filter content elements within a page.
|VisualEditor integration for inserting predefined content snippets
|Replaces the approval mechanism previously provided by the extensions FlaggedRevs / BlueSpiceFlaggedRevsConnector. The experience for the user should be seamless.
|Provides a library of icons which can be used in conjunction with the Droplet "Icon"
|Allows to insert a header or footer (on a page basis or on a namespace basis) in the content area of a page.
|Media handler extension for PDF files.
|Copies contents of
<syntaxhightlight> tags into the clipboard.
|Adds a link to headings for copying the path to the clipbard.
Removed extensions (4)
- FlaggedRevs: Replaced with extension ContentStabilization
- BlueSpiceDrawioConnector: Inntegrated into exension BlueSpiceDrawio
- BlueSpiceFlaggedRevsConnector: Replaced with extension ContentStabilization
- BlueSpiceInsertMagic: Replaced with extension ContentDroplet
The following content changes can affect the display of content in the wiki and may require manual adjustments:
- Missing privacy pages can cause a yellow banner. This is only visible to the admin users.
- The start page templates may not be able to display all styles if templates contained therein already exist in the wiki before the update.
- Styles defined in templates or in MediaWiki:Common.css may no longer be applied.
- The ContentDroplet icon can only be inserted in block mode.
- Missing language switcher on pages whose title area is hidden.