The extension ReadConfirmation allows to request read confirmations from users. If a user is assigned to a page, a mandatory read confirmation can be added to the page.
Enabling read confirmations
An administrator must enable read confirmations for the namespace the page belongs to. This can be set using the Namespace manager:
When read confirmations are active on a namespace, assigned users see a confirmation prompt. After checking the checkbox Yes, I have completely read this article and clicking Confirm, the page will be marked as read by that user.
Administration of read confirmations
Wiki admins can see an overview of all read confirmations by navigating to Global actions > Management > Assignment management. Read confirmation information is shown in the column Read on. A page can have multiple states:
- Read confirmation not enabled: BlueSpiceReadConfirmation is not enabled for the namespace to which the page belongs.
- Not read: BlueSpiceReadConfirmation is enabled, but the assigned users have not yet read the page.
- Actions: In the columns for actions, there are two items related to read confirmations.
- Read confirmation log: Link to the read confirmation log for the page.
- Request read confirmation: Users get a reminder for their read confirmation.