Special pages are pages are pages that have no wikitext and are created by the software on demand. It is not possible to make a redirect to a special page, or to create normal pages beginning with the "Special:" prefix. They are located in their own namespace Special: and are not editable directly as other pages.
Some special pages depend on the preferences that have been set by a user, e.g. the number of titles which is displayed on a user's watchlist.
Where do I find special pages?
Please enter "Special:SpecialPages" into the browser after index.php/
Sometimes special pages are linked in the widget bar or the main navgation.
Special pages in BlueSpice
Some of the special pages in BlueSpice:
- Broken redirects: This special page lists redirects to non-existent pages.
- Dead-end pages: pages which do not link to other pages in the wiki are listed here.
- Orphaned pages: pages listed here are not linked from or transcluded into other pages of the wiki.
- Protected pages: Here you can browse through namespaces for finding protected pages. For a more detailed search you can specify permission and restriction level and the size of the pages searched for.
- Protected titles: Single namespaces can be scanned for protected titles.
- Uncategorized pages: Lists all pages which are in no category.
List of pages
- All pages: Here all pages of the wiki are listed. You may narrow your search by choosing a namespace to search within or you decide upon a letter(combination) where your search shall start. Pagenames which start with a letter(combination) alphabetically before the chosen one will not be listed.
- Categories: All categories are listed which contain pages or media. Unused categories are not listed.
- Disambiguation pages: The following pages link to a disambiguation page. They should link to the appropriate topic instead. A page is treated as disambiguation page if it uses a template which is linked from MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage.
- List redirects: Lists pages which have been redirected and the pages they have been redirected to.
User and Rights
- Block user: Shows a form in which users can be blocked. There are several options about expiry, reason and the blockage.
Recent changes and logs
- Logs: Shows all logs of the wiki. Alternatively, you can decide on a special log to be shown. Within a log you can also search for user and/or title and narrow the time span within which is searched.
- Recent changes: Lists changes which have ocurred recently. You can decide how many changes shall be shown up to the last 30 days. You can also search within a namespace or exclude a namespace from search.
- Related changes: This is a list of changes made recently to pages linked from a specified page (or to members of a specified category). Pages on your watchlist are bold. Again you can search within a namespace or exclude a namespace from search. Or you can look for a page name or its linked pages.
Wiki data and tools
- HalloWiki - Statistics: Enables you to create a diagram about number of users, editings, number of articles, editings per user or search requests within a defined time span.
- Popular pages: Lists the pages which are most often viewed.
- System messages: Lists system messages which are available in the MediaWiki namespace.
Redirecting special pages
- Random page: Takes you to a page of the wiki which is chosen randomly.
- Random redirect: Takes you randomly to a redirected page of the wiki.
- Search: Allows you to search within chosen namespaces.
High use pages
- Most linked-to categories: Shows the categories which have most member-pages (displaying the number of members in brackets).
- Most linked-to pages: Lists pages that are most often linked to (displaying the number of links in brackets).
- Export pages: Text and editing history of a particular page can be exported to another wiki via this form.
- Import pages: External pages can be imported as XML data here.
- View deleted pages: Pages that have been deleted can be found here.
- What links here: Enter page name (and choose a namespace) to get all internal pages that link to the page.
Other special pages
- Book sources: Allows to search for book sources vial ISBN-number.
- CategoryTree: Enter a category name to see its contents as a tree structure.
- PdfPrint: This special page is being accomplished via articles by pressing "print as PDF".
- Archive:WikiAdmin: Allows admins to adjust UserManager, Interwiki links, NamespaceManager, Preferences, Search, Page templates, GroupManager and Information.