|Provides a form to let administrators do string replacements on the entire wiki, for both page contents and page titles.|
|Developer:||Yaron Koren, Niklas Laxström|
|Documentation on MediaWiki.org|
ReplaceText extension from MediaWiki provides features to change text passages in articles or article titles. With a form, the existing text and the wanted text can be typed in. The extension searches for this words or text passages and replaces it automatically. For this purpose, also filters and configurations are available. In addition to this, also complex text changes can be done by using placeholders and regular expressions.
Strictly speaking, there are two forms. In the first form you can:
- Type in the already exiting, to be changed text.
- Type in the wanted, new text.
- Activate the checkbox for the usage of placeholders or regular expressions.
- Choose the namespaches, in which the changes should take place.
- Select additional filters for categories or page prefixes.
- Activate replacement for text or titles.
If you made all your entries and configurations in this form, you will be led to the second form by clicking on the "Continue" button. All found articles and article titles, which contain the substitutional parts, will be listed there. Uncheck the boxes of the articles, which should not be changed.
Moreover, there are two further options for configuration. Changes on the article title will be realized by moving the original page - according to the wiki principle. Due to this, there are some configurations for the moved page. Decide if:
- there should be a redirect from the moved page to the new one
- this page should be added to your watchlist
Confirm your choice with the "Replace" button to trigger the automatic replacement of the text passages. The last step is a confirmation from the system, which shows you what has been replaced and in how many articles this has been done.
For more information please visit Article about "Regular expression" from Wikipedia.