|Enables users to easily compare two versions of a page|
|License:||GPL v3 only|
VisualDiff enables users to easily compare two versions of a wiki page.
Usage / features[edit | edit source]
There are three diff views:
1. Visual: The differences are shown in the flow text. Changes are highlighted in color.
2. WikiText: The output is shown in WikiCode in an integrated view. Changes are highlighted in color.
3. Classic: The output is in WikiCode. Old and new text face each other in two columns.
- You can switch between the views via tabs.
- The Java command-line tool DaisyDiff creates a unified diff from two revisions rendered in HTML. This is displayed on a SpecialPage.
- Additional information is displayed, e.g., the compared revisions.
- A navigation to the previous difference is displayed. The behavior is similar to that of MediaWiki.
- You can jump from one change to the next via flyout.
Technical information[edit | edit source]
The extension VisualDiff is based on the HTML-Diff tool DaisyDiff and shall give a quick and visually appealing overview of the changes in revisions of a wiki article. The changes are displayed in a so called Unified-Diff and therefore in a document and not like usual in two columns. The normal link to the diff view of MediaWiki is overwritten by a link to a special page. The article revision (oldid) works as a basis for the comparison. This also defines the changes like "added" and "deleted".
Configuration[edit | edit source]
There are no configuration options.
Rights (permissions)[edit | edit source]
To use VisualDiff, the user needs to have read rights.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
VisualDiff requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
More info[edit | edit source]
For detailed description and usage, visit our help page.
Demo[edit | edit source]
You can test the VisualDiff functionality in our BlueSpiceDemo.