|Description:||Formatted display of differences between two revisions.|
GPL-3.0-onlyProperty "BSExtensionInfoLicense" (as page type) with input value "</br>GPL-3.0-only" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
|Edition:||BlueSpice pro, BlueSpice Farm, BlueSpice Cloud|
VisualDiff enables users to easily compare two versions of a wiki page.
There are three diff views:
1. Visual: The differences are shown in the flow text. Changes are highlighted in color.
2. WikiText: The output is shown in WikiCode in an integrated view. Changes are highlighted in color.
3. Classic: The output is in WikiCode. Old and new text face each other in two columns.
- You can switch between the views via tabs.
- The Java command-line tool DaisyDiff creates a unified diff from two revisions rendered in HTML. This is displayed on a SpecialPage.
- Additional information is displayed, e.g., the compared revisions.
- A navigation to the previous difference is displayed. The behavior is similar to that of MediaWiki.
- You can jump from one change to the next via flyout.
The extension VisualDiff is based on the HTML-Diff tool DaisyDiff and shall give a quick and visually appealing overview of the changes in revisions of a wiki article. The changes are displayed in a so called Unified-Diff and therefore in a document and not like usual in two columns. The normal link to the diff view of MediaWiki is overwritten by a link to a special page. The article revision (oldid) works as a basis for the comparison. This also defines the changes like "added" and "deleted".
This information applies to BlueSpice 3 . Technical details for BlueSpice cloud can differ in some cases.
- MediaWiki: 1.31
- BlueSpiceFoundation: 3.2