What is Statistics?[edit | edit source]
Statistic is tool for the evaluation of wiki-internal activities.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Statistics are generated in 2 steps:
Step: Select diagram contents and filters. This is possible in a preference field on the left. The field can be folded. Step: Create a diagram.
1st step:[edit | edit source]
- Number of users: All users who have registered in the selected period.
- Number of pages: All pages created in the selected period. Namespace, links etc. do not matter here.
- Number of articles: All pages created in the selected period, in a content namespace, have at least one internal link. Must be compliant with the MediaWiki statistics of the articles.
- Number of edits: All revisions created in the selected period.
- Edits per user: A quotient of "number of edits" and "number of pages" is formed per interval.
- absolute: the respective number of hits,
- aggregated: the accumulated number of hits. This graph always increases or stays at the same level.
- as a list: the individual hits are output in a sortable list.
- Resolution (year, month (default), week, day).
- Both dates empty: no time limit,
- Date from empty: oldest time (first user or first page would be possible here) First user seems more plausible because a user is created during the installation.)
- Date to empty: today.
- Namespace: no selection results in an empty result set because each page is associated with a namespace. Desirable is an option "all".
- Category: no selection means no filtering by category, with unassigned pages included. If the query is not too time-consuming, you should be able to search explicitly for pages without category assignment. For this an additional entry "without category" could be offered.
- Changes to the settings trigger a chart refresh immediately after clicking Create Chart for the first time,
- Until the diagram is displayed, a charge indicator appears-
Step 2: Diagram creation The diagram is created as an image including headings and text information (legend).
- The diagram can be exported as a picture.
- Diagrams are cached.
See also[edit | edit source]
Our reference page.