The extension PageAssignments allows users with assignment rights to assign other users to a page.
What are page assignments?
Page assignments are a quick way of giving one or more users informal responsibility and ownership of a page. They are very similar to a watchlist. A user can add a page to their watchlist themselves, but users also create page assignments for each other.
Page assignments do not change the behavior of the page or grant special rights on a page. For example, the page does not get locked for editing when it is assigned to another user. It is rather a simple mechanism to have users "take a look" at a page. If the feature Read confirmation is activated for a namespace, assigned users have to confirm with a checkbox on the page that they have read the page.
A user can easily delete the assignment or delegate it to another user without any consequences.
- Assigned users receive notifications when the page is changed. (This can be deactivated in the user preferences.)
- Assigned users are listed under the assignments for the page in the Quality management menu of the page.
- The page is listed on the Assignment management page, which is accessed from Global actions > Management (
- The page is listed on the Assignments manager page of the assigned user, which is easy to access from the user profile menu.
- Namespace-specific: if a namespace has Read confirmation activated, the page shows a read confirmation in the alert area of the page.
Assigning a page
Ro assign pages to other users, you need the appropriate rights. These are assigned via the roles reviewer and maintenanceadmin. Users, in turn, need the appropriate edit rights (role editor) so that they can be assigned to a page.
To assign a user or a group to a page:
- Click on Page assignments in the Quality management toolbar.
- Type a user or group name in the assignments text box. You will get automatic suggestions based on your entry.
- Click the Add button.
- Add more users or groups (optional).
Users with assignment rights can see a list of all pages that have assignments. This page (Special:ManagePageAssignments) can be loaded from the navigation menu under Global actions >Management > Assignment management
Every user can view the pages they are assigned to by clicking on "Assignments" in their personal menu (by clicking on their image in the upper right corner).