|enables users to easily compare two versions of an article with just a few clicks.|
|License:||GPL v3 only|
Description[edit | edit source]
BlueSpiceVisualDiff enables users to easily compare two versions of an article.
Usage / Features[edit | edit source]
There are three diff views:
1. Visual: The output is done as a reader sees it, in an integrated view. Changes are highlighted in color: Supplements green, red strokes.
2. WikiText: The output is done in WikiCode in an integrated view. Changes are highlighted in color: Supplements green, red strokes.
3. Classic: The output is in WikiCode. Old and new text face each other in two columns.
- You can switch between the views via tabs.
- The Java command-line tool DaisyDiff creates a unified diff from two revisions rendered in HTML. This will be displayed on a SpecialPage.
- Additional information is displayed, eg the compared revisions
- A navigation to the previous difference is displayed. The behavior is similar to that of MediaWiki.
- You can jump from one change to the next via flyout.
- Wherever MediaWiki links to the diff view, the special page should be used instead. In particular consider:
- Left on version page.
- Links in the ArticleInfo bar.
- Links from notification emails from MediaWiki.
- Links from notification emails from BlueSpice.
- Links from the PDF view.
Technical information[edit | edit source]
Configuration[edit | edit source]
The extension VisualDiff is based on the HTML-Diff tool DaisyDiff and shall give a quick and visually appealing overview of the changes in revisions of a wiki article. The changes are displayed in a so called Unified-Diff and therefore in a document and not like usual in two columns. The normal link to the diff view of MediaWiki is overwritten by a link to a special page. The article revision (oldid) works as a basis for the comparison. This also defines the changes like "added" and "deleted".
Rights (permissions)[edit | edit source]
To use VisualDiff, the user needs to have reading rights for the respective namespace.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
VisualDiff requires BlueSpiceFoundation.
User manual[edit | edit source]
For detailed description and usage, visit our user manual.