The interface for the Group manager is provided by the extension GroupManager. It allows adding, renaming and deleting groups.
Users with the right groupmanager-viewspecialpage (in roles: admin, maintenanceadmin, accountmanager) can access the page Special:GroupManager in the menu Global actions > Administration> Groups.
An administrator can go to Global actions > Management > Group manager. This opens the page Special:GroupManager.
.The group manager has the following features:
- Viewing groups: All existing groups in the wiki are listed.
- Creating new groups: Clicking on the "plus" button opens a dialog for adding a new group.
- Renaming groups: A group can be renamed by selecting it and then clicking the wrench icon. System groups and groups declared by other extensions cannot be renamed.
- Deleting a group: A group can be deleted by selecting it and then clicking the "x" button. System groups cannot be deleted.
Assigning roles and users to groups
- To assign users to groups, use the User manager.
- To assign roles (permissions) to groups, use the Permission manager.