BlueSpice 4.2 is a minor release.
There are currently no point releases
|It's finally here! With BlueSpice 4.2, you can now import Word files as wiki pages. You can use the following features here:
|New page templates||BlueSpice now includes useful page templates for numerous use cases. These can easily be modified or deactivated as needed.|
|File attachments||A list of files can be included anywhere on a wiki page directly from the Visual Dditor using an <attachments /> tag.
This function replaces the previous attachments area at the end of a page.
|Improved file upload function||Files can now be dragged-and-dropped directly onto a wiki page and are embedded as a preview image without any intermediate steps.|
|It is now possible to set granular permissions in an embedded blog. This way, the creation and reading of blog entries and comments can be restricted to specific user groups.|
|Advanced workflow activities||Workflows have been enhanced with the following functionalities:
|New dialog for PDF export||Refactoring of the already existing export options of a wiki page for better maintainability of the export feature.|
|Tag inspectors||Dialogs for more tags are now offered in the Visual Editor.|
|Editor for navigation menus||Graphical user interface allows editing of the main navigation as well as the user menu via drag-and-drop.|
All added extensions
|CodeMirror||MW||Allows highlighting of wikitext-syntax in the source view of a wiki page.|
|EnhancedUpload||HW||Improved file upload feature.|
|HeaderFooter||MW||Allows to insert a header or footer (on a page basis or on a namespace basis) in the content area of a page.|
|ImportOfficeFiles||HW||Allows importing a Word file as wiki pages.|
|InviteSignup||MW||Allows wiki users to be invited by an administrator.|
|MenuEditor||HW||Allows editing of the main navigation via a graphical user interface.|
|OpenID Connect||MW||Extends the PluggableAuth extension to provide authentication using OpenID Connect.|
|SubPageList||MW||Allows the creation of subpage lists on wiki pages.|
No longer bundled extensions and features
- Bootstrap: Removed with "Calumma" as part of the Bluespice 3 skin.
- BlueSpiceCalumma: BlueSpice 3 default skin.
- BlueSpiceLatexRenderer: Replaced by the Math extension.
- BlueSpiceNamespaceCSS: Namespace-specific CSS is no longer defined separately via individual CSS pages. The styles are defined directly in the global stylesheet MediaWiki:Common.css via the namespace CSS class.
- BlueSpiceSocialWikiPage: The function previously provided by BlueSpiceSocial to create page attachments has been replaced by the <attachments /> tag.
- Chameleon Skin